Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 3 Guthagon 8th c.

John and Thommy

good morning
i love you

you might have been named Guthagon? ya think? i do have a thing for irish saints....
but am much more traditional - picking a person, connected with our family and our history and our saints....
like Grandpa [and John Ed] for John and jr for Thommy, like my father's second son is a junior, none of my grandfather's sons were a junior so as the second grandson, i got his name - as the first born to my parents, i wonder why they chose to honor me with his name, or honor him with me? [and none of my father's sons got the name of his mother's father. why is that you think?]

Guthagon was a nobleman who became a monk and a missionary - so very irish!
i still have time to become a monk tho i do not see myself so much in a missionary position?
and you?

Guthagon became a recluse in a monestary in Oostkerk near Flanders.
[Flanders always reminds me of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - i recommend the movie to you.]
a saintly monk; his sanctity was known near and far.
through his intercession, after his death, many miracles were performed.

i wish i better understood how a recluse can be known for anything?
the word of mouth from his silent brethern?
to be saintly, sounds like an invitation to me.
to be a recluse is even more attractive.
maybe soon - June 2008?

i love you
dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home