Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 14 William Breteuil d. 1130 #2 post 7-20-11

Good Morning
110717
1638

The Yankees won today after losing two to Toronto. We’re still one game down in the loss column to the Red Sox but appear to be a lock for the wild card if not the division championship. Today, we have the third best record in the majors.

The Sox are on ESPN now as I put on a grilled cheese. Time for a break from writing.


110718
1818

I had an idea for the ‘children’s liturgy of the word’ and emailed the lady leader of that ‘ministry’. It took a few days to get a response suggesting a time to meet before she went off on vacation; but I could not accommodate. I emailed and said I’d call back upon her return. Her return to my call came several days later. I agreed to meet between Masses on Sunday and said to call me back if she could not make that time, which was the time she’d suggested the first time. [not the smartest message.] I waited the entire hour. About ten minutes before the next Mass I saw her daughters and husband arrive. I saw her hustle into church right at the start of Mass. We did not get to meet. I have not heard back from her. I’ll take it as a sign. Oh well….

Poverty makes the world smaller. Debt squeezes that tiny space.



July 14

William Breteuil d. 1130


Benedictine abbot of Breteuil, near Beauvais, France. He rebuilt the monastery after it had been nearly destroyed by the Normans.

William saints are not uncommonly abbots. Those of us with that name should learn what it means to be an abbot. Moreso, what it takes to become, to be selected to be, an abbot. Servant leader par excellance.

Metaphorically, my dearest William-sons (boys), your 'Norman' destroyed your monastery. It is up to you to rebuild it. Like William of Breteuil, it will take your prayers, it will require your relationship with God and Church to be renewed, it will also require others to help carry the stones, to help hew the rocks, to help make the windows; not to mention the support of family [those within the Monastery] with faith and Church. Oro pro te.

AMDG
wtn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home