Monday, February 25, 2008

Feb 7 Tressan d. 550

John and Thommy

good morning
i love you

February 7 St. Tressan d. 550

Our sixth century Irish saints have an array of “d.” years. I guess we have more info to better select the year. I’m betting Tressan died somewhere about 550.... ?

Tressan was an Irish missionary. How different were our 6th c. Irish missionaries from the FBIs of my childhood? Maybe not so much - we were considered American heathens by some; America was also seen as a stepping stone up the clerical hierarchy by some. Tressan followed the Celt path to Gaul, i.e, France. [Try Caesar’s “all Gaul is divided into three parts” - great Latin literature and military history....]

Tressan was ordained by St Remigius. I wonder why that mattered to the Catholic On Line editor? I suggest you look up Remigius. It does matter by whom you are mentored. It does matter whom you emulate, whom you follow. That you were baptized by Kevin O’Connell, S.J. mattered alot to me. That John was confirmed by Bp Neidergasas meant alot to the Dominican sisters. That Thommy was confirmed by Marcacio’s mentor Bishop William Curlin meant alot to the spx monsignor. And to you?

I love you,
dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home