Sunday, February 13, 2011

Feb 24 Bl John Theristus 1129

Jack and Thom,
Good Morning, I love you
110213, 1213

Churning through the February Saints. If my goal is to be a month ahead, I’m three weeks behind myself.

When there is a conflict of service obligations, how does one choose. Family v. Church is not really a choice when confronted with the choice. I wish I could do both. Ora pro me.

See saintsandsons entry on Feb 25, 2008 for previous entry about Bl John Theristus. I have no new information about him after today’s quick scan through google. [I don’t like the bing formatting et al. Plus, I don’t believe there are no more sites via that search engine.]


February 24

Bl John Theristus 1129

Bl John Theristus or “Harvester” was a Benedictine monk who was responsible for a miraculous harvest.

Bl John Theristus’ harvest was literal and miraculous. How are you harvesting what you sow? More importantly, how are you harvesting what God sowed in you? What kind of soil are you? How are you transforming you to being ‘good soil’ all the time?

Bl John Theristus’s mother was a slave. God blesses each of us with His Love: with the theological virtues of Faith, Hope, and Love. Regardless of who you mother is. Regardless of whether your mother supports our faith or nurtures the soil that you are for God’s seeds. You are your responsibility.

For a twelfth century saint, we really don’t have much in the tertiary sources.

John’s mother was Calabrian, captured by the Saracens, and brought to Sicily as a slave. John Theristus was born in Sicily as a slave.

As a child, John Theristus escaped and returned to Calabria where he became a monk.

I love you
Dad
1223

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home